Saturday, December 10, 2011

No Mad :: Stat Us

It's been almost three months of this nomad living and, I must say, I've come to love it completely. Every day I am taken aback by the kindness of strangers.

Just last night I had a woman and her son come to my car, waking me, to check and see if I needed anything. Water? Food? Gas money? Was I warm enough? It'd been cold lately.
I laughed joyously, touched with her care and concern. I told her I was fine, just in an in-between spot, and I'd only be on her street a couple more days. The same thing happened the night before with her neighbor. But, this time, she returned. With four bags of food, water, and essentials like wet napkins / hand wipes .
All I could do was laugh and thank her repeatedly.


Every day is like Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment